Click To Return To Kids Recipes
BBQ Burger Pocket
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
1 pound 90 percent lean ground beef
1½ tablespoons barbecue sauce
1½ tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 medium tomato (8 slices)
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
2 whole wheat pitas
1. Preheat grill.
2. Combine ground beef with barbecue sauce and seasonings.
3. Divide into 4 even portions.
4. Slowly press the patty flat with the palm of your hand.
5. The patty should be ¾-inch thick and oval shaped.
6. Place on hot grill for 3–4 minutes each side for medium-well doneness.
7. You should see clear juices coming through burger when meat is done.
8. Place pita on grill to warm bread, 30 seconds each side.
9. Blend dressing and mustard.
10. Cut pita in half, and spread 1 tablespoon of ranch/mustard mix evenly on bread.
11. Top with ½ cup shredded romaine, 2 slices of tomato and a burger