To Return To Kids Recipes
Cheesy Broccoli Pockets
Looking for a simple kids supper or dinner idea, for this cheesy broccoli pockets then take a minute to try this new suggestion for the kids or whole family tonight.
1 package (10 OZ) frozen chopped broccoli
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 jarred roasted red peppers coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Oregano OR 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 package frozen bread dough (Thawed 16 OZ)
1) Preheat oven to 375 and grease baking sheets. Cook broccoli according to directions on package and drain well.
2) In a medium skillet , heat oil on low heat. Add in the garlic and sute for 2 minutes. Add broccoli cook, stirring until moisture is all evaporated about 3-4 minutes. Remove fom heat and cool slightly.
3) In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli mixyure and cheese along with the rest of the ingredients. and mix well.
4) On a slightly floured surface devide dough into 8 pieces , roll out each piece to take and form a 6 inch circle. Spoon an equal amount of mixture onto the center of each circle. Fold the dough over the filling to take and form a half circle. Press the edges with a fork to take and seal each pocket. Prick a few holes in the top of each to release extra steam while cooking.
5) Place the pockets onto a prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown. Bake about 25 minutes and serve immediately.